This is a job posting from company – Springer Nature
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: New Jersey, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: and follow
Performs all functions related to customer service for customers and pre-sale/ inbound telephone marketing activities within an ACD (Automated Call Distribution) environment. Provides general information to customers, acting as the liaison between the internal departments, sales, and clientele as necessary. The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for handling 2nd level calls and emails, as well as overflow calls from our BPO team. They are also responsible in handling all calls when the BPO call center is down, recording and processing orders for books, journals, and related products, claims, inquiries, etc., in a multi-channel environment. They will assist in training our 1st level BPO agents and assist colleagues in all locations on email backlogs. They will also provide general information to customers and act as the liaison between the internal departments and clientele as necessary.
This role is based in our Jersey City office on a hybrid working model.
- Handle all 2nd level email tickets assigned to NJ Customer Service in a prompt, professional manner.
- Offer prompt, professional, and polite assistance to customers and colleagues in both oral and written communication, including email correspondence.
- Handle all overflow and transferred 2nd level calls sent to NJ Customer Service from the BPO team in a prompt and professional manner.
- Quality check emails switched to 2nd level incorrectly by the BPO team, add a note with proper detailed instructions on the handling, switch back to 1st level and mark for training when handling was not done properly.
- Support the BPO team by handling all calls when the BPO phone lines are down, ensuring all calls are handled in a polite and professional manner, while continuing to handle all daily tasks.
- Assist the Author Support Team and internal colleagues, such as Editorial, with author queries and orders as needed.
- Assist Credit & Collection in customer account inquiries regarding invoice paid or unpaid status, account balances, credit status and all other related accounting matters.
- Support Trade Sales by processing urgent orders, working with Logistics to ensure the shipment reaches its destination by the ‘need by’ date, and keeping Trade Sales aware of the order status.
- Assist in training the BPO team with new tasks, new employees, and ensuring our instructions are kept up-to-date, advising the team of any additions/changes to the instructions.
- Support all Customer Service locations on any backlog of email tickets once the NJ Customer Service tickets have been completed.
- Support Editorial colleagues with complimentary issues, product recalls, author assistance, etc.
- Review and respond to all Americas Trustpilot reviews of 3 stars or less, promptly resolving any issues still outstanding.
- Assist the BPO team on the Amazon Bill of Lading short shipment claims through the Vendor Central application to achieve the 3-day TAT and be the primary backup should they fall behind or access for the team is down.
- Create and Link new EDI BP’s as soon as notified by I.T. to ensure the orders for these accounts are pulled in and processed quickly, suppling I.T. with the new BP number and, if an Amazon account, updating the spreadsheet with the new BP #.
- Review the possible Fraudulent Webshop orders when a report is received, investigate the customer with Finance Team and through the internet if suspicious, and release order if customer is cleared.
- Receive and record telephone orders and subscriptions, provide price, availability, order/issue status and other pertinent information to customers. Maintain an accurate record of this activity for distribution to management.
- Provide customers with additional book information, including topic (s), table of contents, page counts, binding, related titles, and new additions and formats.
- Process claim orders, cancellations, picking errors, short shipments, original orders, invoice and credit memo copies and informs customers of status.
- Provide frontline service and support for our customers for both books and journals.
- Assist the Sales Reps with orders, inquiries, claims, discount issues.
- Explain the textbook adoption review policy and supplies customers with the link to our textbook request form found on our website.
- Track all shipments in question from UPS, Canpar, RPS, Federal Express, etc., using on-line services (Internet) when tracking information is available.
- Work with Logistics to obtain tracking information when necessary and informs and follows-up on all information regarding proof of delivery, a lack of or incorrect shipping information and claims due to “books damaged in transit by shipper” as communicated by customers.
- Initiate available courier service “call tags” to ensure the safe and timely return of Springer products. Logs call tags on Excel file and follows up on credit requests.
- Follow the “Golden Rules” of Call Queue Management, Quality Call Management and Quality Email Communication.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and is a leading provider of feedback to department on problems faced, asks questions, and poses possible solutions.
- College degree preferred with minimum one (1) year of customer service experience required.
- Must be fluent in English for both written and oral communication and meet our standards in both.
- Must be customer service oriented with excellent phone manner and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle 75-90 daily telephone contacts within an ACD (Automated Call Distribution) environment required.
- Must be well-organized, attentive to detail, and possess excellent problem-solving and time management skills.
- Familiarity with Excel, Windows XP and the Internet helpful.
- Knowledge of SAP and FreshDesk a plus.
If you are an internal applicant please inform your line manager.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following “Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law” poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
At Springer Nature we value the diversity of our teams. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce with equitable opportunities for everyone. We strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.