This is a job posting from company – Kootenai Health
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Idaho, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Cook II works in a fast paced environment, rotating through different food stations such as a grill, pizza, or exhibition salad station. Demonstrates highly refined exhibition cooking skills, attention to detail and excels in an on-stage environment. Exhibits a passion for creating delicious, high quality food with outstanding service and appealing presentation at all times. Is team player with a positive attitude and great customer service skills.
- Engages customers with superb customer relations while maintaining remarkable food quality
- May assist in the production of small to medium sized catering events (up to 25 people)
- Maintains strict sanitation and cleanliness standards
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency, excellent work ethic, and an exceptionally positive attitude
- Communicates well with others and thrives in a team environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job function
- Competent to meet age specific needs of the unit assigned
Requirements and Minimum Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Has current Idaho food handlers card or must obtain within 90 days of hire
- Culinary school graduate preferred but not required
- Possess all of the qualifications of the Cook I
- Two years of cooking experience in a hospital, hotel, institution or restaurant preferred
- Two years of customer service experience preferred
- Strong breakfast cooking skills and demonstrated ability to sauté, broil, grill, roast and poach
- Intermediate knife skills
- Strong ticket reading abilities to review menu orders as well as take verbal orders from customers
- Ability to work and multitask in a high volume fast paced environment
- Team focused and able to work within a kitchen brigade under the direction of sous chefs
- Must be able to lift or move up to 35 lbs
- Must be able to maintain a standing position
- Typical equipment used in a food preparation job
- Must be able to reach arms above or below shoulder height
About Kootenai Health
Kootenai Health has a solid reputation in the Pacific Northwest and has a rich history that spans nearly 60 years of innovation, achievements, and healthcare benchmarks. Our main campus is located in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, and includes a 330-bed community-owned hospital. We have been recognized among large employers as the No. 1 Best Place to Work in Healthcare by Modern Healthcare magazine and are regularly recognized by Cleverly and Associates for providing value to our community.
- Three Time Magnet Designated since 2006 – This designation is nursing’s top honor, accepted nationally as the gold standard in nursing excellence. Kootenai was the first hospital in the Inland Northwest to receive this designation and the second in Idaho.
- Member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network – In 2014, Kootenai Health became the 30th member, a national network of like-minded organizations that share a commitment to better serving patients and their families. Kootenai Health is the first health care organization in the Pacific Northwest to be selected as a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, and, like all network members, will remain a locally-owned and independent health care provider.
- Most Wired / Wireless Hospital, Hospital & Health Networks – Kootenai is consistently named one of the country’s 100 Most Wired hospitals. In this same survey, Kootenai also earned a spot on the Top 25 Most Wireless hospitals.
- Three Time Great Workplace Award – Kootenai Health has been recognized as one of the most engaged and productive workforces in the world!
As your next employer, we are excited to offer you:
- 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums for full-time employees. Part-time employees pay only a small portion a month for medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance program
- 457 retirement plan
- Convenient near campus daycare
- Competitive salaries with a 12% differential for nights and an 8% differential for weekends
- An award-winning and incentive-driven wellness program
- Employee reward, recognition, and retention programs
- Professional development and leadership training opportunities
- And much more
Have you considered a career at Kootenai Health? Maybe you should!
Kootenai Health complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or sex. Kootenai Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or sex.