This is a job posting from company – Alyeska Resort
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Alaska, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
- Participate in assigned food preparation in accordance with standards of quality, quantity control, taste and presentation; responding to incoming orders
- Ensure quality, consistency and cleanliness of kitchen operation
- Ensure kitchen equipment is clean and in proper working condition
- Requisition supplies and food items within assigned work area
- Maintain clean working environment to comply with set standards of hygiene
- Maintain clean personal hygiene and uniform presentation
- Checks refrigerators to prevent contamination and waste
- Ability to organize daily workload. Creativity and artistic flair a plus
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to dishwashing, sweeping, mopping, garbage removal, cardboard breakdown and removal, inventory, stocking (FIFO), and heavy lifting.
Alaska is an incredible place and Girdwood is a friendly, lively town where residents value both outdoor adventure and community spirit. Alyeska Resort offers the type of atmosphere where our employees are able to work hard and play hard, and are encouraged to share their enthusiasm with our guests.
Offering year-round and seasonal opportunities, working at Alyeska Resort is both rewarding and exhilarating. Whether you are a seasoned hospitality or ski resort professional, or just starting out with an avid interest in ski area management or travel tourism, we invite you to review current career opportunities and check back often as we are always seeking great talent. We offer a wide-range of culinary offerings & outlets where you may learn and excel with different concepts & cuisines. The culinary program hosts many special events such as annual festivals, specialized food events & menus that change every season.
Alyeska Resort offers many exciting career opportunities, beautiful surroundings and exciting employee benefits including:
- Vision, Dental, and Medical Insurance for regular full-time employees
- Paid holiday and paid time off (Vacation and Personal)
- Free Season Pass for employees and qualified dependents
- Roth 401(k) and 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Discounts for rooms at The Hotel Alyeska and affiliate hotels
- Discounts in Resort restaurants, shops, and Nordic Spa
Role qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as menus, recipes, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively to customers and employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Alyeska Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All resort employees must possess current documentation showing they are eligible for employment in the United States. Alyeska Resort accepts applications for currently available positions only, and does not accept applications for “general employment.” Preference may be given to local candidates, as relocation may not be available.