This is a job posting from company – Greenway Manor
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Wisconsin, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Purposes or function: To prepare and/or be responsible of all foods for residents and guests. Follow sanitation practices and fulfill duties in the dietary department.
- Able to read, write, understand English, and follow oral and written directions.
- Some course work is desirable in food preparation and in estimating food quantities.
- Experience in quantity food preparation in a residential or health care facility.
- High degree of personal cleanliness and hygiene is a must.
- Must have ability to lead and direct others. (example co-workers on your shift).
- Basic math skills when adjusting recipes, which include measuring and scaling.
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to cook variety of food in large quantities and be familiar with required seasonings and cooking time.
- Knowledge of principles and requirements of sanitation and safety in handling food and equipment.
- Knowledge of operation and care of large quantity food equipment.
- Must be able to lift and transfer heavy items up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to cooperate with department heads, employees and residents.
- Be able to sit, stoop, stand, lift and walk intermittently during the shift.
- No convictions for abuse, neglect or mistreatment or for misappropriation of property.
- Prompt and regular attendance.
- Preparation of all food in sufficient quantities to cover all service requirements, timing preparation to meet service schedules and food handling in accordance with sanitary standards
- Standardization of recipes and of portion control to prevent food waste and assure high quality products
- Responsible for taking and recording temperatures of the food
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food is preserved
- Present food in attractive and palatable manner.
- Care and cleanliness of equipment. Doing dishes, cleaning the kitchens and dining rooms
- Assists in receiving and storing incoming food and supplies
- Date, label and store foods properly
- Uses substitutions equal value to item being replaced or at least in the same food group
- Assists in serving meals and uses proper portions and special diet items
- Prepares and serves foods for therapeutic diets according to planned menus
- Be aware of the resident’s dislikes and have alternate available for them.
- Responsible for general supervision of the food service department when the Dietary Manager is off duty. If a problem occurs and you can’t contact the Dietary Manager then contact the Administrator. Depending on the problem the nurse may need to be notified as well.
- Orientate and instruct new employees
- Direct and assist in daily and scheduled cleaning duties of the department
- Sees that department complies with established sanitary standards
- Attends in- services: dietary and general in-services and scheduled computer in-services
- Understands the procedures for taking temperatures of the food and recording
- Document food substitutions
- Will be responsible for filling in for others due to illness, vacations, and instances when Dietary may be short of staff
- Must wear required uniforms/clothing/shoes/hair covering
- Must call the facility and the Dietary Manager to report if unable to work scheduled shift (do as early as possible)
- Know and understand the procedures for a fire drill and tornado drills
- Know the plan for emergency evacuation
- Read and understand the Material Data Safety Sheets: Chemicals used in department
- Performs other tasks as are necessary and appropriate
I have read this job description and fully possess all requirements set forth therein and agree to abide by all said requirements.