This is a job posting from company – Hilton Garden Inn
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: South Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
You are a cook that takes pride in your food presentation and taste. You understand the importance of maintaining consistent food preparations and presentation. You enjoy preparing food and cooking to order. You understand the importance of maintaining the kitchen, food storage, and meeting Health Department guidelines. You are the expert in the kitchen.
As a Cook, you will
- Sets up, stocks, and organizes workstations at the beginning of the day.
- Sets levels for the production of food items.
- Thaws, cuts, and prepares food items. Portions food items and stores them in proper containers.
- Uses knives, measuring ladles, scoops, scales, can opener, kitchen scissors, or other kitchen equipment including, without limitations, slicer/mixer, skillets, steamers, and other tools or utensils.
- Checks stock levels in coolers for sufficient stock.
- Maintains proper food storage temperatures and rotation, using FIFO Method.
- Prepares broiled, baked, grilled, steamed, sautéed, blended, and fried items using recipes. Uses sauté pans, stockpots, grill, stove, ovens, and fryers.
- Performs all duties in all areas of the kitchen.
- Can identify food items, produce, meats, cheeses, sauces, and prepared food.
- Knows cooking times for all items to ensure correct doneness.
- Organizes items for sautéing, blending, cooking in ovens, grilling, frying in fryers, pasta cookers, and steamers to ensure the accuracy of items ordered.
- Prepares menu items, paying attention to plate presentation and garnish of each plate.
- Cleans and sanitizes work station during the day and at the end of the day.
- Performs side duties including cleaning ovens, steamer, tilt skillets, slicers, mixers, hoods, filters, and other line equipment, washing floors, organizing and cleaning storerooms, and food production duties.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress, and exercises good judgment when dealing with guest situations and complaints.
- Correctly sets up, operates, breaks down, and cleans all equipment.
- Follows sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Kitchen area.
- Maintains a well-groomed appearance and wears proper attire, according to the dress code.
- Complies with all health and safety regulations.
- All other duties assigned by your supervisor.
High school diploma, and a minimum of 1-year previous experience as a cook. To be successful, you will need basic English communication skills. This job requires standing and walking 100% of the time, regularly bending, pushing, pulling, carrying, and the ability to perform repetitive motions for the entire shift. This job requires you to be able to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 50lbs. We administer pre-employment background checks.
We Make A Meaningful Difference In The
Lives Of Our Team Members, Who In Turn
Deliver Memorable Customer Experiences And
Produce Exceptional Results For Our Owners