This is a job posting from company – Daifuku
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Kansas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
- Lead the design, prototype, test and commissioning of order fulfillment automation equipment throughout the ELS Supported, North America Fulfillment Center (NAFC) network
- Work with customer System Engineers, Controls Managers, Launch Engineers, Operations Engineers, Software Development Engineers and Material Handling System (MHS) vendors to develop solutions to a variety of automation challenges such as high-speed package sortation, label application, barcode scanning, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) metrics and control view HMI
- Provide technical leadership for large-scale control engineering projects, and coordinate control system design specifications and change management between internal teams and external vendors
- Develop long-term migration/upgrade path for each core control system/module in the NAFC network to ensure supportability
- Actively participate in the NAFC controls meetings and processes
- Support control equipment commissioning and CSS training at new fulfillment center
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer or related discipline, or an Associate Degree combined with 4+ years of related experience
- Experience with at least one life-cycle of control system 3D experience (Design, Development and Deployment) utilizing Allen Bradley PAC processor family
- Experience with life-cycle embedded systems development including hardware (circuit and logic designs), software (embedded operating systems and driver programming), testing and implementation
- Working experience using C/C++, VS.Net and SQL database (SQL Server, MySQL, SyBase) or other relevant programming experience is required
- Ability to travel to various North American fulfillment centers is required
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Thorough understanding of Rockwell automation solution architecture, including:
- Proven working experience in Allen Bradley (A&B) PAC ladder logic code development and troubleshooting using RSLogix 5000 software
- Proven device level knowledge on A&B CompactLogix and ControlLogix processors, input/output modules, and EtherNet module
- Working experience with Rockwell RSView and ICONICS is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of WMS/WCS API design methodology and Windows SQL Server based 2.5-tier client/server solution architecture
- Working experience using QNX/Linux platforms is a plus
- Strong knowledge in project development methodology, clear verbal and written communication skills, has the ability to handle daily activities in a dynamic environment and drive deliverables
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions and results.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to manage resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office to include Word, Excel and Power Point
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Stoop
Bend or Kneel
10 lbs or less
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near, Distance)
Office environment which may sometimes be located in a shop area. May be around dust, dirt, moving machinery, temperature changes and noise levels below OSHA minimum requirements. Use of PPE is required when on site at a field location.