This is a job posting from company – P.J. Wallbank Springs
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Michigan, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ENGINEER
We’re looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer who is driven to solve problems and lives to make complex processes simple. In this role you will relentlessly pursues continuous improvement using your expertise in 8D and Six Sigma to get to the root cause. You will always be on the hunt for a better way to address customer and supplier concerns to improve our products and processes.
Who We Are – PJWS
For more than 40 years our organization has been a specialist in our products. In fact, we are the only company in the world specializing in clutch return spring packs for automotive transmissions. This laser sharp focus, combined with the effort of great people, has enabled us to be the global leader in our market. We currently have more than 120 employees, with annual revenues of approximately $35M.
Over the last several years, we have experienced significant, triple digit growth. While our company’s growth is exciting and will present some great opportunities and challenges, this is not what makes us special. In fact, many mediocre companies can grow to a larger size. What separates us from others is our desire to have a dramatic impact on the world through people. Learn more about our vision and future growth plans .
What You Will Do – Day to Day
Continuous Improvement and Optimization
- Review key metrics and determine ways to improve
- Design and conduct analysis of issues, leading problem-solving efforts
- Reduce manufacturing scrap and customer concerns
- Improve product capability
- Lead Advanced Quality Planning activities that protect PJWS and PJWS’ customers from quality issues
- Support APQP process by completing new Quality documentation including (PFMEA, PFD, Control Plan, etc.)
- Support production start-up by providing instructions for a robust inspection process
- Complete PPAP and submission to customer
- Support other departments with APQP process
Other Projects Assigned
What We Expect – Goals
- Projects completed on-time, within budget and meeting performance criteria
- Scrap and quality rejects performing at targeted levels
- On-going issues are identified, analyzed for root cause and resolved to prevent further recurrence of issues
What You Will Bring to this Role – Ideal Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Demonstrated formal problem solving (8D, Six Sigma)
- Demonstrated application of APQP process
- Some hands-on experience with core manufacturing processes (stamping/metal fabrication, PLC, spring manufacturing, automation, sensors, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical schematics)
What We Believe – Core Values
Our four core values drive what we believe and how we operate. We aren’t always perfect, but it’s these values that guide our daily interactions and decisions internally and externally. The sub-bullets represent how the ideal individual will live our values in the Process Engineer role. * Treat others as you would want to be treated
- Maintains a positive outlook and acts with integrity and professionalism
- Communicates effectively, is reliable, and works collaboratively
- Passionate about helping and working with others
- Challenge the status quo
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to think critically
- Acts with a growth mindset, curious to learn and continuously improve proactively
- Take ownership
- Juggles multiple requests, prioritizing and responding quickly
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle the problem at hand, big or small
- Proactive and responsive – take initiative to ask, learn and make things happen
- Either win or learn
- Willing to fail and learn from mistakes while always asking, “What more can I do?”
- Actively seeks new opportunities to learn and apply that learning
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- The compensation package will be attractive to the candidate possessing the experience, qualifications, and ability to deliver exceptional value to the company
Location & Flexibility
- Our ability to impact lives around the globe starts within our community of Port Huron, Michigan where this position is based. As part of our culture, we believe building strong relationships is extremely important to our success, therefore we anticipate this role will generally be onsite working amongst the team. We can offer relocation support, if required.
Opportunities for Growth
- We know that our people determine our success, therefore we invest in you and your success. We are focused on providing employees with the opportunity to learn and grow in a high-performing team atmosphere where your opinion will be valued.
- We are committed to the success and growth of our community. Giving back isn’t just about donating resources; it’s about making an investment that is sustainable. We partner with local schools and FIRST Robotics to engage youth early on and give them a compelling reason to stay in their hometown.
It is the policy of PJ Wallbank Springs, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to any legally protected status such as race, color, ethnic status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR