This is a job posting from company – Presbyterian Villages of Michigan
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Michigan, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
- The primary role of the Shahbaz is to protect, sustain, and nurture the elders by providing assistance with activities of daily living and meeting other needs as required. This will include assisting elders to the bathroom and with incontinence care, bathing, dressing/undressing, life enrichment and maintaining independence.
- Provide care to the elders in a gentle, empathetic, efficient, and timely manner. Treat each elder, regardless of circumstances, with consideration, dignity, and respect at all times. Be familiar with each elder’s needs, preferences, and desired approach.
- Assure that call device is being worn or within reach of the elder and answered promptly.
- Provide care of the elder and the elder’s environment, including cooking, laundry and housekeeping.
- Recognize/respond to the needs of elders while encouraging independence.
- Administer medications/treatments as prescribed by physician.
- Apply clean dressings, slings, stockings, or support bandages, under direction of nurse or physician.
- Launder personal clothing for elders. Change bed linens and/or make beds.
- Measure and record vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate) as requested by PACE nurse case manager and/or physician.
- Document as needed based upon the elder’s Service Plan.
- Observe or examine elders to detect symptoms that may require medical attention, such as bruises, open wounds, or blood in urine.
- Prepare and cook meals and snacks for elders following nutrition guidelines, elders’ dietary restrictions/allergies and preferences. Serve and assist elders with dining.
- Maintain confidentiality of elders’ information and care complying with HIPPA and Resident Rights
- Assist with coordination of transport for elders to the PACE center or other areas using wheelchairs or assisted walking (use of lift equipment).
- Review and implement all aspects of Service Plan with/for the elders.
- Communicate a sense of caring and concern and dignity for elders.
- Maintains required CNA certification and participate in required annual state in-services.
- Clean and maintain the environment of the Green House home for the elders.
- Maintain a safe atmosphere for the elders by regularly checking whereabouts and reporting any residents leaving the premises or found to have left immediately to the Guide and/or emergency personnel.
- Attend and participate in all appropriate meetings and training opportunities in order to keep informed on current information and skill development.
- Follow established policies and procedures including but not limited to:
- Presbyterian Villages of Michigan policies and procedures.
- Safety policies and procedures.
- Federal, state and local regulations.
- All other duties as assigned
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Six months to one year related experience
Must have ability to operate a computer
Operate Electronic Medical Records
Certificates & Licenses:
MI Certified Nursing Assistant
Completed or ability to complete Green House Shabazim Program
Completed or ability to complete Basic First aid course
Completed or ability to complete Serve safe course
Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends and holidays.