This is a job posting from company – ConsumerAffairs
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Oklahoma, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
*** THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION ***
ConsumerAffairs helps consumers make smart buying decisions in moments of need. Every month millions of consumers turn to our site and tools for help with their considered (often emotional) purchases.
We educate them about their options, learn about their specific needs, and connect hundreds of thousands of them directly to brands. These brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews and communicate directly with consumers to serve them better. Our business thrives when the consumers who trust us get matched with the right brands for them.
We’re fast-paced and our core values are the bedrock of who we are and who we want to be.
Our employees believe in raising the bar through data-driven innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We have a team first mentality, and manifest wins by putting the team first. Collaboration and teamwork is in our hearts and we believe winning together is the most fun. But, above all else, we care. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. If you want to be part of a globally diverse team that is focused on helping people, in an environment where we raise the bar, win as a team, and care above all else—then ConsumerAffairs may be just the place for you!
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are migrating our infrastructure to AWS to start expanding and finding better ways to power the tools that we build with our developers. From AI-driven matching to new Fintech initiatives and all of the challenges that come with it, we are on the precipice of a massive change in how ConsumerAffairs does its thing and we need DevOps/Cloud Specialists and Engineers to help us make our vision a reality.
Tired of working tickets day in and day out? Our goal is to spend our days:
- 25% of our time dealing with the inevitable “over the transom” work that DevOps engineers know to expect,
- 50% working on current projects, and
- 25% of each sprint resolving technical debt to keep us stable and current and avoid a closet of old work we cannot complete.
We are building better observability with the ability to see the health of the company’s infrastructure, applications, and BI on a single pane of glass. We are finding better ways to manage our containerized legacy applications, building server-less applications, and much more through prioritizing the exploration of our team’s ideas and “what if’s.” Yes, we are primarily responsible for keeping our systems and applications up and running, but making them easier to manage and more reliable are clear priorities for this team. We’d love to have you bring your ideas here and explore them with us.
Again, our main focus is the efficient operation of all ConsumerAffairs IT infrastructure components and application functionality by optimizing and fixing what’s broken. We ensure availability and reliability of all components of our web services and work closely with a top-notch data & analytics team that is using advanced data modeling to help us predict and project our efforts in the best direction to meet our business goals.
- Day-to-day support for Dev teams and performance monitoring of IT infrastructure and systems
- Troubleshooting critical production/QA issues across platforms and applications
- Building and maintaining tools, services, and automation associated with deployment and operations platform
- Ensure stable IT infrastructure through monitoring and proactive maintenance
- Scale existing technologies (or promote new ones) to support product initiatives
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Create and Maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources in an effective and timely manner and demonstrating respect for others.
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in Linux administration, managing AWS resources, developing CI/CD and server orchestration pipelines, bash scripting and monitoring.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- You are an expert in:
- Cloud-based production systems at scale
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, EFS, S3, Redshift etc.)
- Production experience running workloads in containerized environments, specifically Docker and AWS ECS
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, like Terraform and Ansible
- Linux and managing AWS infrastructure through the AWS CLI
- Executing and maintaining operations according to DevOps principles and practices
- You have experience with:
- Kubernetes and AWS EKS
- Monitoring tools, like Datadog, Prometheus or Zabbix
- Bash scripting for server-side automation
- Continuous integration tools, like Jenkins or Concourse
- SQL and database technologies, like MySQL and Postgres
- Experience maintaining logging, monitoring, and alerting capabilities using tools like Grafana, New Relic, Kibana and Datadog.
- The ideal candidate would also have:
- A working knowledge of modern software practices and technologies such as Agile methodologies
- Experience with AWS Well-Architected principles
- Experience with High Availability implementations like VRRP, Service Discovery, etc.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts such as static routing, DNS, DHCP
- Experience implementing security and compliance controls
- Obsessed with ensuring an exceptional customer experience- for both internal and external customers
- Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results, and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently
- Demonstrates a relentless focus on results with a commitment to deliver
- Takes decisive action, and confidently changes course if unsuccessful
- Displays a growth mindset to continually improve; encourages everyone around them to to be tenacious and never settle.
- Constantly seeks feedback to improve; Focussed on solving issues through team work, and collaboration
- Acts with urgency; delivers top results in hours and days instead of weeks and months
- Relentless in their pursuit of success and possesses the willpower to embrace challenges as opportunities
Raise The Bar
- We raise the bar through innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We are not satisfied with yesterday and our hearts thirst to be better tomorrow.
Win As A Team
- We manifest wins by putting the team first. We have collaboration and teamwork in our hearts and believe winning together is the most fun.
Care Above All Else
- We care above all else. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. We show our care with our passion for results.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: Remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
- Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan