This is a job posting from company – Thomson Reuters
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Virginia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Daily functions and duties of this role require on-site presence in Crystal City, VA. Candidates considered for this position must be willing to comply with the on-site requirement. This position also requires ICE Public Trust High Clearance or DHS TS/SCI clearance.
Are you passionate about the chance to bring your engineering experience to a world class organization that is leading the way in both content and technology to serve and protect our citizens home and abroad? Do you have the skills necessary to support the delivery of structured and unstructured data? Then Thomson Reuters Special Services (TRSS) is looking for you!
What You’ll Do: As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the effective implementation of internal and external data enabled solutions supporting the Thomson Reuters Special Services (TRSS) organization. This role requires practical technology applications skills involving the cleaning, integration, extraction, analysis and delivery of structured and unstructured data. This role works closely with other teams across the technology organization and other business units, including the product development and software engineering teams, the data science team, and often pre and post-sales support of the business development team. The role will also have a customer facing component, involving direct implementation and support of existing or new applications at customer locations. As the Data Engineer, you will also contribute to a variety of areas including:
- Work directly with internal resources as well as customer technology staff to implement and support custom TRSS client solutions and POCs
- Design, build and support data pipelines and workflows designed to maximize the usefulness and efficiency of internal and external data sets being brought to bear on customer issues
- Support and continually improve internal processes, to include automation of robotic processes across the organization where possible
- Provide solution architecture support for business opportunities
- Provide input to leadership teams using technical expertise and knowledge of customer technology requirements and infrastructure
- Understand and interpret unique client requirements and mission and provide custom solutions to integrate TRSS content into client applications
You’re a good fit for the role of Data Engineer if you have:
- Minimum 5-6 years of data engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience leading the implementation and customization of technical solutions, preferably for government clients
- Proficiency in multiple programming languages (particularly interested in python, Java but other languages could be useful as well)
- Experience with Restful web services and current data communications technologies
- Experience connecting to and querying a variety of relational and document-oriented databases
- Comfortable in GUI and command line environments in Linux and Windows OS
- Basic understanding of common data structures including flat files, XML, JSON, graph structures etc.
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure, including AWS
- Passionate, smart, and articulate technologist
- Self-starter and results oriented
- Must possess a strong personal work ethic
- Must be of superior moral and ethical character
- Must be able to operate under pressure with dynamic and changing requirements
- US National Secret security clearance required to start, TS preferred.
You’re a GREAT fit for the role of Data Engineer if you also have:
- High level understanding of network troubleshooting techniques and communications protocols
- Experience with information retrieval technologies such as Lucene and ElasticSearch
- Experience with connected data and graph databases
- Experience with workflow management tools, NIFI experience a plus
- Understanding of public records and open source data
- Experience working with data visualization tools (Power BI/Tableau, etc)
- Robotic Process Automation experience
- Understanding of public records and open source data
- Experience working in virtualized environments, including the ability to stand up and configure a local virtual machine with locally hosted web applications
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- COVID-19 Response: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work, and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Days Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on .