This is a job posting from company – Orica
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Virginia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures. Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
About The Role – CDL Driver Class B – Salem, VA
This role will require Mobile Mixing Unit Driving/Operation as well as maintenance and upkeep of this equipment. You will operate plant and equipment to provide blasting products and services to customers. And to assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times.
- Monday through Friday
- Early morning starts typical
- 10-12 hour days typical
- Be home every night
What you will bring
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail and math skills to handle inventory on daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
- Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least one year of experience driving and/or handling materials.
- Requires Class B CDL
- Tanker endorsement preferred
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
How you shape and influence others
- Demonstrates courage, resilience and flexibility
- Strong reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-aware and open to feedback
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Productive without compromising quality
- Highly reliable and motivated to excel
What we offer
As part of a truly global company, you will have the ability to grow and learn in a diverse, collaborative culture. We foster relationships and learning through connected global and local teams, promote flexible and diverse career paths and support the development of your knowledge and skills.
You will be paid a competitive salary, learn from talented individuals across multiple disciplines and be able to thrive in a safe workplace within a collaborative culture. Ignite your career at a place where your distinct potential can find its home.
- Hourly Pay Rate $20-22
Benefits (Full Time Employees)
- Medical/Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Employee Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Employee/Dependent Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Company provided Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Company provided Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Hospital Indemnity, Critical Illness & Accident Plans
- Voluntary Identity Theft Protection
- Voluntary Legal Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Two Floating Holidays
We respect and value all
Orica promotes and fosters a culture of inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment everywhere we operate. We treat our people and applicants with fairness, dignity, and respect, getting the best of everyone’s contributions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, nationality, age, military or veteran, marital or disability status.