This is a job posting from company – Vallen
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: North Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Why Join our Team?
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions, while creating value for our customers, our supply partners, and our associates.
At Vallen, we embrace what makes us unique. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the different ways each of us contributes to Vallen’s success. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive company that values the growth of our associates. When you join Vallen, you become part of our winning team. Our vast network of connections is here to help you transform your job into a career.
Vallen’s Category Manager – Metalworking is an individual contributor role responsible for developing the strategic direction of a product group to compliment the company’s overall goals and marketing strategies. They formulate, propose, and implement both strategic and tactical work plans and are held to performance objectives in product sales, gross margin, growth in market share, and overall profitability of assigned product line, groups, and/or markets. Category Managers develop and manage to various metrics to analyze and rank vendors within their respective product category.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce sales within assigned product group(s); achieve target sales goals and adjusted gross margin growth threshold; achieve all assigned productivity, profitability, and market penetration goals.
- Identify targeted accounts for expanded and/or new business opportunities.
- Develop and implement strategic market plans and successful sales strategies, processes and tactics in adherence with the Vallen Sales Management Resource Workbook; formulate and implement tactical work plans for sales and gross margin growth.
- Collaborate with Regional and Area leadership to formulate pricing strategies that lead to the attainment of assigned financial goals and objectives.
- Develop and analyze Vendor metrics, e.g., operational performance, field support, gross margin, ROI, etc., and make recommendations for vendor changes necessary to achieve metric targets and/or to improve overall strategy for desired mix and financial results.
- Actively participate and contribute to the Regional Management and Area Management business planning process to ensure alignment with product strategies.
- Partner with Sales and Purchasing leadership to develop and maintain positive supplier relationships.
- Craft, deliver and ensure clear and accurate communication to field sales, operations, and other support teams regarding product strategies, initiatives, issues, etc.; ensure timely and coordinated communication and teamwork with all vested parties.
- Partner with Inside Sales to ensure adequate inventory is available to support product strategies.
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures for self and/or applicable team.
- Provide training to Product Specialists.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g., Marketing, Business, etc. coupled with 5+ years relevant work experience. Relevant work experience includes:
- Success in sales, purchasing, and/or pricing role within the Metalworking (cutting tools, abrasives, machine tool accessories) segment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and usage of Business Intelligence data analytics.
- Demonstrated team building and successful collaboration skills; strong co-worker relationships with outcomes greater than the sum of the individual parts.
- Proficient use with various Microsoft Office products. MS-Word, MS-Access, and MS-Excel required, MS-Sharepoint, preferred.
- Ability to manage and work with large sums of data, e.g., inventory and e-Commerce data management preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, work independently with little supervision, and have demonstrated effective time management, project planning, goal setting, organizational and execution skills.
- Be able to provide excellent customer service and demonstrate strong problem resolution abilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to sit.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Must be able to get self to and from various work locations. This typically requires a valid driver’s license to operate a moving vehicle (personal, company, and/or rental).
- May be required to wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.) when making sales calls and/or visiting warehouse, manufacturing, customer and/or supplier facilities.
- May be exposed to facilities subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations (hot in summer, cold in winter) and conditions (dirt, smoke, concrete surfaces, etc.) when viewing and/or demonstrating products.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Long periods of time working on a computer and performing repetitive key-boarding activities is required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand and may include little to no advanced notice.
What are the Benefits?
401K Plan, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and a Career Path Opportunities.
Stay up to date with Vallen, follow us on and ,