This is a job posting from company – Respectful Recruiting
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Wisconsin, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Respectful Recruiting is a leading Retained Search firm specializing in healthcare employment. Our client is a 3 to 4 bed Adult Family Home (AFH) facilities for Advanced Aging, Irreversible dementia/Alzheimer’s, developmentally disabled, Emotional disturbed/mental illness, terminally ill and Traumatic brain injury residents.
This position works with a team of professionals who are passionate about providing resident care and support. The role of the caregiver is to assist residents with daily living skills that they may not be able to perform temporarily or permanently, always fostering resident independence, dignity and freedom of choice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting residents with activities of daily living such as dressing/undressing, hygiene, bathing, mobility, ambulation, and safe transferring
- Instrumental activities of daily living such as telephone use, housekeeping, laundry, escorting/transporting to and from appointments
- Medication Assistance provided to residents as directed by house lead or management. Includes medication administration, monitoring supplies and documentation, reporting of observed medication effectiveness/side effects to team lead or manager
- Health Maintenance and Monitoring of resident’s physical, cognitive/emotional status to team lead. Monitors environments for safety hazards with reporting and record keeping as directed, resident activities, visitors, caregiver incidents, errors, and accidents
- Dining & Eating assistance for residents such as escorting to and from dining room, assistance with physical eating needs, set and clear tables, handle meat services and preparations
- Participates in, develop, and promotes all ongoing activities in the facility
- Utilizes company protocols for documenting and reporting all residents’ needs, issues, and daily occurrences as trained to do so by your team lead or by management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle; and talk or hear.
- Prolonged periods of standing/performing resident cares.
- Must be able to lift up to __ pounds at times.
- Ability to provide two-person lift support
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position on second shift.
No travel is expected for this position, with the except of occasional transporting a resident to an appointment or to travel to a near by Group Home.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent (Required)
- CNA/CBRF Certification
- 1-3 years of applicable experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Accountable for own actions – does not make excuses
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team-based environment with a variety of personalities
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have regular attendance
- The ability to relate to residents, guests and peers in a courteous and respectful manner under all circumstances, and when attempting to accommodate residents’ requests is essential
- Be able to think, act and intervene independently both in routine and emergency situations
- The manager must be able to work with flexibility of scheduling
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.