This is a job posting from company – North Texas Job Corps Center
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Texas, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Career Services Manager
Exempt – Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Responsible for delivering counseling services to assigned residential and non-residential students in personal and social development, career employment, and behavior. Provides individual and group counseling and crisis intervention to all students.
Brief Description of Duties
- Administers leaves and passes in CIS to adhere to DOL policies.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions at least monthly and uses RAP format to document.
- Conducts group sessions as assigned.
- Enters monthly case-notes in CIS using RAP format.
- Assists students in seeking advanced training opportunities, i.e., technical training or college admittance.
- Maintains and documents communications with parents, guardians and Admissions Counselors in regard to the resolution of students’ problems.
- Establishes meaningful working relationships with other staff members and acts as a resource person to help these individuals deal positively with student behavior.
- Visits classrooms and dormitories to establish meaningful working relationships with instructors and residential advisors and acts as a liaison between students and these departments.
- Provides information to the Student Personnel Officer (SPO) and, upon request, represents the students at review panels.
- Meets with SPO for consultation on individual and group problems.
- Develops referrals and receives copies of all individual progress reports and disciplinary hearings from instructors, disciplinary officers, Residential Supervisors and other staff and provides follow-up information.
- Serves as a member of committees to review policies and procedures relating to the counseling program and the Center’s operation as directed.
- Facilitates, monitors and conducts Evaluations of Student Progress (ESP’s).
- Transports students to and from bus stations and other scheduled appointments when necessary.
- Works toward meeting performance management goals that include: % of completers, % of AWOL separations with HSD/GED; CTT completion, CTT credential.
- Conduct and document AWOL follow up by PRH requirements.
- Maintains updated monthly CIS case notes in required format on assigned students.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Assists with quarterly graduation exercises.
- Adheres to required property control policies and procedures.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation’s core values and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation’s Healthy Workplace Environment Policy.
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
Leadership & Management
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead students from diverse backgrounds.
- Committed to investing in and developing students and positioning them to succeed.
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision.
- Motivates students and provides coaching and/or feedback when needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Computer Literacy with basic computer functions, email, internet, and basic programs such as Adobe Acrobat.
- High level of communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- High level of ability to motivate, inspire, and counsel students effectively.
Minimum of one to two years related experience in education.
Bachelor’s degree in counseling, psychology or social work required. (including 15 semester hours of instruction in social services-related instruction). Master’s degree preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid State Driver’s License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to reach with hands and arms; and talk and listen. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.