This is a job posting from company – Zeiders Enterprises
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Virginia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Job Title: Career Coach – Remote Opportunity (Work from Home)
Zeiders is an industry leader in military and family support. Our company’s reputation is based on providing top quality service with exceptional, dedicated employees. This approach has earned client confidence and repeat business from satisfied customers. Headquartered in Woodbridge, VA, Zeiders employees support clients worldwide in behavioral health, military family resiliency, work-life education programs, and related services. We seek individuals with strong passion for what we do and our commitment to quality service.
The SECO program offers comprehensive education, career and employment services to all military spouses through: SECO Coaching Services, the MySECO web presence, and the Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) Component.
Career Coaches provide support to military spouses through the Military OneSource Military Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) Program Contract. Career coaches serve Military Spouses through coaching sessions delivered through a contact center in their home office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide career coaching services to military spouses telephonically, to include resources, and career consultations;
- Educate military spouses on SECO services, including the MyCAA Scholarship, and career resources through tailored coaching sessions to enhance spouses’ well-being in support of their career goals;
- Offer military spouses the opportunity to work with the same career coach over time;
- Provide on demand resume and cover letter reviews;
- Utilize government systems to thoroughly document coaching sessions;
- Serve as the primary government source of assistance for military spouses regarding education and career development throughout the military lifecycle;
- Serve as the central source of information regarding federal, state and local occupational licenses and credential requirements for military spouses in portable occupations and career fields nationwide and/or globally.
- Assist with the inbound call queue during surge periods, as needed.
- The contact center’s hours of operation are Monday – Friday: 7:00 AM – 10:00 PM EST, and Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST.
- Successful candidates will be offered a specific shift to fulfill the requirements of the contract.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in Counseling, Career Counseling, Higher Education Administration/Leadership, Education, Adult Education, or related field with 4+ years professional work experience in career, education, and/or employment coaching/counseling with diverse ADULT populations.
- An active certification in one of the following: the Certified Career Counselor (CCC) credential through the National Career Development Association, the Certified Workforce Development Professional (CWDP) credential through the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals, or the National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential through the National Board of Certified Counselors.
- Those who do not currently possess one of the above designations may be considered with the expectation to obtain the credential within 6 months of being hired.
- Experience providing career and educational coaching with diverse adult populations across the full career development process to include career assessments, career exploration, career decision-making, resumes, personal branding, interview strategies, job search strategies, etc.
- Evidence utilizing a holistic approach to assist adults with their career and educational goals.
- Experience working in higher education or extensive knowledge of post-secondary educational institutions and various types of certificate/degree programs,
- U.S. Citizenship due to US Government systems access.
- Candidates must have strong technology skills including Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.), and web-based platforms.
- Zeiders is a COVID-19 vaccination-required company and requires all employees to be vaccinated or seek an approved accommodation for a protected reason (medical or religious).
- Candidate must have a positive, approachable personality coupled with impeccable communication skills.
- Candidate must be an active listener to interpret the needs of the client and provide the required support and/or resources.
- Candidate must be able use critical thinking skills to connect the client to applicable resources, including SECO career coaching, in support of reaching their education and career goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated evidence of successfully working in a team environment.
- Candidate must have strong technology and research skills, as well as ability to navigate multiple computer systems simultaneously.
- This position requires home internet service with speeds in excess of 3Mb in both directions (upload and download) through a broadband internet service (e.g. Cable, Fios, etc. as opposed to DSL, Satellite, dial-up).
- Preference for candidates with MBTI and/or Strong Interest Inventory certification.
- Preference for candidates with experience working in a call center or service operations environment.
- Preference for former Military, Military Spouse, Veteran or Wounded Warrior.
- Preference for candidates with experience working in a structured environment with set schedules.
- Preference for candidates with the ability to build rapport with individuals in a remote/virtual setting.
- Preference for candidates with experience developing and delivering presentations and /or webinars.
Other Skills and Abilities:
This position requires access to U.S. Government facilities and systems. U.S. Citizenship, a valid driver’s license, transportation, and auto insurance are required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and requests clarification as needed; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Physical Demands: Must have a home office set up. Works in office areas. Sits, stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. Uses personal computer, telephones, copiers, printers and other office equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Zeiders Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pay Range: $47,000 – $69,700
PLEASE NOTE: The Zeiders pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.