With the current state of the world, more and more people are looking for ways to work from home. Whether you’re a student, stay-at-home parent, or simply want to make some extra money, there are plenty of part-time jobs available that you can do from the comfort of your own home. In this article, we will cover some of the best part-time jobs from home in 2020. These jobs offer flexibility, convenience, and great earning potential. Plus, with the rise of remote work and the current pandemic, there’s never been a better time to explore your options for work that you can do from home. Whether you’re looking to work in customer service, marketing, education, or finance, there’s a part-time job out there that’s perfect for you. So, let’s dive in and discover some of the best part-time jobs from home that you can start doing today!
A virtual assistant is an independent contractor who provides administrative services to clients while operating outside of the client’s office. Here are some key details about this type of job:
- Tasks can include managing emails, scheduling appointments, managing social media accounts, and completing research tasks
- The role is highly flexible, with the ability to work on different projects for separate clients
- Hourly rate can vary widely, but generally ranges from $15 to $30 an hour
- Popular platforms for finding virtual assistant jobs include Upwork, PeoplePerHour, and Freelancer.com
Overall, becoming a virtual assistant is an excellent option if you’re looking for a part-time job from home that can be tailored to your schedule and skillset.
What Type of Agent is a Virtual Assistant?
A virtual assistant is a type of digital agent that provides administrative and personal assistance to individuals and businesses remotely. They can perform various tasks such as scheduling appointments, managing emails, handling social media accounts, conducting research, and more. Virtual assistants can be programmed to operate on websites or apps, and there are many companies that provide virtual assistant services such as Virtual Assist USA, Zirtual, and Virtual Employee.
Social Media Manager
Social media is crucial for businesses to reach new customers and audiences. A social media manager is essential to keep a company’s social media presence up-to-date and effective. Here are some key details about this type of job:
- The role often includes tasks such as creating content, posting updates, analyzing insights, and engaging with followers
- Skills necessary include a strong understanding of various social media platforms, graphic design, and writing
- The average annual salary for a social media manager is around $50,000 per year
- Popular job search sites include LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor
|Social Media Management||96%|
Social media managers are in high demand, and it’s a great option for those who are social media savvy and love creating content.
As a social media manager, your primary purpose is to create and curate compelling content that aligns with your brand’s voice and resonates with your target audience. Your goal is to build and maintain a strong social media presence and engage with your followers to increase brand awareness, foster loyalty, and drive traffic to your website or product. Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Developing a social media strategy and content calendar
- Creating and publishing content across various social media platforms
- Engaging with followers by responding to comments, messages, and posts
- Monitoring analytics to track engagement and make data-driven decisions
- Collaborating with other teams to ensure consistency of messaging and branding
As a social media manager, your ultimate goal is to help your brand achieve its marketing objectives and build a positive reputation online.
With the increasing popularity of e-learning, the demand for online tutors has been growing. Here are some key details about this type of job:
- Online tutoring can be done from anywhere with an internet connection
- The range of subjects that an online tutor can teach is virtually unlimited
- Some of the most popular subjects for online tutoring include English, science, math, and test preparation
- The average hourly rate for online tutoring is around $20-30 per hour
- Popular websites for finding tutoring jobs include Chegg, Tutor.com, and Wyzant
Becoming an online tutor can be a great way to share your expertise while earning extra income. With the flexibility of online tutoring, you can choose to work as little or as much as you want. Online tutoring can also lead to long-term commitments with regular students that provide steady income streams.
Is there money in online tutoring?
Yes, there is money in online tutoring. The online tutoring market is expected to reach $132.21 billion by 2026, according to a report by Zion Market Research. The rise in demand for education and the convenience of online platforms has led to an increase in online tutoring services. Some popular platforms for online tutoring include:
- Varsity Tutors
These platforms provide opportunities for tutors to earn money by connecting them with students all over the world. Additionally, independent online tutors can also establish their own websites, social media pages or advertise their services through other online channels.
Freelance writing has always been a popular part-time job, and it’s especially desirable for those who want to work from home. Here are some key details about this type of job:
- Freelance writing provides the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of niches, such as technology, health, finance, and lifestyle
- Content writing, copywriting, and technical writing are some of the most popular writing niches
- The average hourly rate for freelance writers ranges from $30-100 depending on experience, niche, and type of project
- Popular websites to find freelance writing jobs include Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr
- Building a portfolio is essential for success in freelance writing
Freelance writing is a great option for creative individuals looking to supplement their income. With a plethora of opportunities and the potential for high earnings in specialized niches, freelance writing can be a fulfilling and lucrative part-time job.
Can freelance writing be a full time job?
Yes, freelance writing can be a full-time job for those who have the skills, dedication and resources to make it work. Many freelance writers make a comfortable living from their writing work. Here are some key factors to consider when deciding if freelance writing can be a full-time job:
- Building a good reputation and client base takes time and effort. Writers must market themselves consistently and deliver high-quality content to keep clients coming back.
- Freelance writing income can fluctuate month-to-month, so writers must be prepared to budget for lean periods.
- Many successful freelance writers have multiple income streams, such as book sales, speaking engagements or consulting work.
Overall, freelance writing can be a viable full-time job for those who are willing to put in the effort and treat it like a business. If you’re interested in learning more about freelance writing, there are many resources available online, including websites like Freelance Writing and Contena.
Bookkeeper or Accountant
Bookkeeping and accounting are two key roles that can be done remotely, making them ideal part-time jobs for those who prefer to work from home. Here are some details about this type of job:
- Bookkeeping involves recording financial transactions and ensuring accuracy in filing taxes and other financial documents
- Accounting involves analyzing financial data, creating reports, and providing advice to clients or companies
- Both roles require certification and experience, which can be obtained through online courses and training programs
- The average hourly rate for bookkeepers and accountants ranges from $20-50 depending on experience and location
- Popular websites to find remote bookkeeping and accounting jobs include Accountingdepartment.com, Bookminders, and Bateman & Co.
- Professional bookkeepers and accountants can also start their own businesses and work with clients remotely
Bookkeeping and accounting jobs require attention to detail and expertise, making them ideal for individuals who enjoy working with numbers and have relevant qualifications. With the rise of remote work, bookkeeping and accounting jobs have become more accessible and offer a lucrative part-time job opportunity for those who prefer to work from home.
There are plenty of options for part-time jobs from home in 2020, and the trend towards remote work is only making that easier. No matter your skillset, preferences, or availability, there is likely a part-time job that suits your needs. Keep in mind that working from home requires discipline and organization, but the freedom and flexibility that come with it can be well worth the effort.
Start Your Search Today
If you’re ready to explore your options for part-time jobs from home, there are several resources available to help you get started:
Remember also to seek advice from others in your industry or network and stay up to date on the latest trends and opportunities. With dedication and persistence, you can find a part-time job from home that fits your needs and helps you achieve your goals.