This is a job posting from company – SAIC
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: South Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
SAIC is seeking a Senior AWS Cloud Engineer SME to join the SAIC Cloud One Operations and IL 6 team. This candidate will be part of a team responsible for the architecture design/planning, management, support, and oversight of the Cloud One AWS environments. This person will be required to work on site at Gunter, AFB or Hanscom AFB up to 80% of the work week depending on project needs.
The Sr. AWS Engineer will be supporting the Cloud One Common Computing Environment (CCE) program under the Air Force Lifecycle Management Center Office for Network Integration (AFLCMC/HNI). Cloud One is an existing global, interconnected, virtualized, hybrid, and IT infrastructure hosting mission systems, applications, services, and data that will serve the U.S. Air Force (USAF) and U.S. Army (USA). Cloud One incorporates the capabilities of commercial cloud and Managed Service Providers (MSP) residing in Cloud Service Providers (CSPs). Cloud One facilitates the USAF and USA’s efforts to migrate applications to a cloud environment, allowing the closure of data centers to support the Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) and allowing for increased efficiencies across the entire spectrum of the USAF and USA’s IT operations.
Daily activities may include:
- Design, sustain, maintain, AWS environments and topologies, all aspects
- Migrate and deploy various customer workloads to AWS
- Deploy Hybrid AWS AD environments
- AWS security and monitoring solutions implementation, including automated responses
- Tools and Automation (scripting – Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation templates)
- Configure and troubleshoot cloud, virtual, and physical hardware and software systems
- Proactively identify and resolve operational, tooling and process inefficiencies
- Project and design documentation
- Process and support documentation
- Update Knowledge base and Standard Operating Procedures
- Respond to customer requests promptly
- Maintain regular contact with customers during support and projects
- Provide technical assistance and training to users
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 2 years related experience. In lieu of a degree an additional four (4) years of experience is required
This position requires an in-depth understanding of, and experience with, deployments of various systems to AWS utilizing both Cloud and non-native services. Some of the core components included but no limited to are; EC2, Elastic Beanstalk Containers (ECS, Fargate, EKS), Network (Subnetting, Route Tables, SG’s, VPC, VPC Peering, NACLS, VPN). RDS. Storage (S3, EBS). WAP, Active Directory, SSO, Federatrion. Applicant should be comfortable talking about all aspects and features of AWS. In addition, this role requires a high level of customer contact and collaboration, design, implementation, and involvement in project planning
Documentation for projects including design, asset inventory, diagrams, and presentation to customers is required. All aspects of the environment and deployment must also be documented for support and future implementations. Learnings and wisdom are documented in KB articles
An AWS Engineer must have 3 or more years of experience and advanced vendor certification with in-depth knowledge of at least one cloud product
- Infrastructure as code
- Code driven development
- supporting USAF or USA software development projects
- Agile, Scrum, SAFe or other modern software development methods/practices
- Automation resourcing
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An AWS Solutions Architect Professional certification
- SAFe DevOps certification
- Experience supporting software migration efforts
- Experience in an MSP or other IT company highly desirable
- SIPR facility access and/or previous SIPR experience
Interim Secret Clearance with ability to obtain an active Secret Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI). Note Top Secret meets SSBI requirements.
Security + or higher Certification
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an fostering a culture of , which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit