This is a job posting from company – AstraZeneca
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Maryland, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Associate Scientist/Scientist, Cell and Gene Therapy
Do you have a passion for Science? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
About AstraZeneca in Gaithersburg, MD:
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 experts in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most cutting-edge technology and lab spaces, all designed to inspire collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers a variety of amenities to help boost productivity and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while increasing collaboration between teams.
Summary of the group:
The Bioassay and Impurities, Analytical Group is accountable for developing state-of-the-art methods to evaluate product quality by measuring biological activity as well as detecting, characterizing, and quantifying product variants and process-related impurities. The group enables product understanding, manufacturing process development, formulation, drug product development and regulatory filings. This group is accountable for control systems, including specifications, comparability, and shelf-life strategies required by regulatory agencies and also performs technical transfer of methods to clinical quality control and commercial launch sites and technical support and lifecycle management post-launch.
The candidate will be independent, self-motivated, and eager to tackle a broad range of responsibilities. This full-time position within the Bioassay, Biosafety and Impurities Department, within Biopharmaceutical Development, is located in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop accurate, precise and robust functional, biochemical and molecular analytical methods using cutting-edge technologies for in process characterization and final product release for a wide range of biotherapeutic modalities such as monoclonal antibodies, bispecific antibodies and cell and gene therapies.
- Lead analytical method qualification and technology transfer to QC group and partners.
- Make detailed observations, analyse data, interpret results, and exercise appropriate technical judgment in the design, execution, and interpretation of experimental results in an independent manner.
- Prepare technical reports, protocols, technical summaries in a timely manner.
- Author and review documents, including assay development reports, SOPs, assay transfer plans/reports, qualification plans/reports, CMC sections of regulatory filings, and scientific journal publications.
- Present and discuss experimental results at group/project team meetings and at scientific conferences.
- Work in a team-based structure and interface with research and process development departments.
- Learn to represent bioassay development and control strategy at analytical and CMC team meetings, as well as interface cross-functionally between Research and Development departments.
Education: Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Cellular or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology, Biological Sciences or Biotechnology
Associate Scientist / BS and 0+ years or MS and 0+ years of relevant experience
Scientist / BS and 5+ years or MS and 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with developing assays to measure various biological activities, such as ligand/receptor binding, alteration of intracellular signalling, induction of cell death, cell proliferation and/or Fc effector functions.
- Thorough understanding of cell-based assay technologies and their applications in the characterization of biologic therapeutic modalities.
- Independence with designing experiments, analysing data, and interpreting results from these assays.
- Willing to work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Excellent organization skills, detailed-oriented, and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with CMC analytical and bioassay development activities, such as with tech transfer, method qualification, and CMC team representation, is a plus
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial – finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram
Date Posted 14-Nov-2022
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.