This is a job posting from company – Thrivent
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Minnesota, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Thrivent, a Fortune 500 diversified financial services organization, is proud to offer a top-rated summer internship program that is designed to give college students meaningful work experience across a range of business functions. Thrivent provides college students with a unique learning opportunity to understand the financial services landscape while working for an organization known for its financial strength and stability, as well as for its culture of ethics and integrity. In 2022, Thrivent was honored to be recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies for the 11th year in a row.
Thrivent’s 12-week internship program offers students interesting challenges that help them optimize their skills and experience, valuable exposure to Thrivent colleagues and leaders, and an opportunity to understand how Thrivent is fulfilling its promise to help people achieve financial clarity, enabling lives of meaning and gratitude. Our internship program is also a key component to our entry-level talent program to ensure we’re attracting and retaining the top talent we need to serve generations to come.
If you are interested in big data work, we have a lot to offer. With Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Kubernetes, and variety of other technologies, you will help to build large scale distributed data processes in Thrivent cloud environment. Some of our cloud stack includes Databricks, Snowflake, Confluent, and AWS. More than enough to dig into over the summer!
We also offer a team that will support your learning as you grow with us throughout your internship. We have a diverse team that spans from recent grads to seasoned veterans, and everyone would be committed to your success.
- Build data pipelines written in python or scala, running on Apache Spark.
- Configure Airflow jobs to orchestrate data processing tasks in our cloud environment.
- Automate the collection of logs from our distributed processing environments so that we can iterate and improve upon the processes that we have built.
- Troubleshoot problems with the data by writing SQL queries as well as using a variety of Linux command line utilities
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Mostly, we are seeking highly curious people who want to collaborate and learn together and are willing to teach what they have learned to others.
- Currently a junior in an undergraduate degree or student pursuing their graduate degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering or MIS
- A strong collaborator who is interested in sharing their education and experience with us.
- A curious teammate with high technical capability
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem identification and analytical skills
- Open to intern in our offices full-time during normal business hours
- Ability to work in the United States for indefinite period without sponsorship
ADDITIONAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
- Offering competitive compensation
- Full intern event program including development, networking, and social activities.
Appleton, WI or Minneapolis, MN
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.