This is a job posting from company – Kansas City Southern Railway
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Louisiana, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
An Assistant Signalman installs, maintains and dismantles signal structures and components such as foundations, equipment housing, cable and switches.
*This is a system-wide position without a determined home office*
- Digs, fills and stamps holes and trenches.
- Climbs poles and ladders.
- Operates non-power hand tools such as hammers, screwdrivers, files, wrenches, pliers, shovels, picks, axes, cutters and sledgehammers.
- Operates manual machinery equipment
- Unreels and installed wires and cables overhead and underground.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant operations experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid driver’s license
- At least 18 years old
- Must be able to read and understand basic information and data provided in rule books, timetables and special instructions.
- Business travel is an essential requirement of this job. Employees must be able and willing to travel weekly.
- Shift work is an essential function of this job. Employees must have the ability and willingness to support mission critical railroad operations 24 hours per day/7 days per week, working various shifts as assigned. Schedule assignments may include after-hours, weekends and holidays.
An Assistant Signalman is required to join the union. Monthly union dues are deducted from the employee’s paycheck.
The duties listed are representative of the job; however, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties a person may be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
We value a culturally diverse workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
In 1887, Arthur Stilwell constructed a north-south railroad while others were heading east and west, setting the tone for a century-old legacy of outstanding vision; entrepreneurial spirit; resilience in the face of adversity; and, willingness to challenge conventional wisdom. Building on that legacy, our culture is further defined by a new vision for the future and a core set of values – Safety, Customer Focus, Communication, Teamwork, Initiative & Innovation, and Diversity & Civility. We believe that the way we do business is as important as the business we do.
In addition to a culture that allows employees to thrive, we encourage resourcefulness with an award, recognizing employees who see a problem (or opportunity), find a solution, and use whatever authority and resources are available to get a job done well – accomplishing what was previously thought could not be done.
If you want to do work that is creative and strategic, be heard, grow professionally, be valued by your employer, and know that you are making an important contribution to an essential industry, a global supply chain, and the larger economy, Kansas City Southern may be the place for you.