This is a job posting from company – Lincoln Park Zoological Society
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Illinois, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Lincoln Park Zoo inspires communities to create environments where wildlife will thrive in our urbanizing world. The zoo is a leader in local and global conservation, animal care and welfare, learning, and science. A historic Chicago landmark founded in 1868, the not-for-profit Lincoln Park Zoo, is a privately-managed, member-supported organization and is free and open 365 days a year. Visit us at lpzoo.org.
Lincoln Park Zoo is seeking a full-time Animal Care & Horticulture Coordinator to provide administrative support to help meet this mission. The ideal Coordinator will be a dynamic, engaged, organized, detail-oriented independent worker. The Coordinator will assist the Vice President of Animal Care & Horticulture and departmental staff in administrative duties (budget tracking, volunteer management, maintaining administrative databases and files, travel and meeting arrangements), special projects, and other duties that support the Zoo’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist staff with administrative duties, including: supply ordering, travel and meeting arrangements, maintaining office equipment and mailroom, coordinating building maintenance and IT requests, receive and direct visitors.
- Assist with meetings held in the department (arrangements, note-taking, and hospitality).
- Assist with departmental accounting (tracking budgets, requesting reimbursements, preparing grant reports, preparation of annual budgets).
- Assist with database maintenance (animal and plant records, departmental publications, projects, staff, etc.)
- Assist with zoo-wide tour requests and coordination.
- Assist with departmental communications, including content and maintenance of intranet sites, preparing ad hoc reports, providing information to other departments, etc.
- Supervise volunteers.
- Assist with ZooMonitor app testing, coordination of welfare assessment calendar and meetings, and special projects for the Animal Welfare Science Program
- Assist staff with departmental or interdepartmental projects as requested.
- Maintain and update the SDS approval process for the zoo.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to master new skills and software quickly.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with PCs.
- Strong organizational skills are required. Candidate must demonstrate an ability to initiate, coordinate and prioritize responsibilities and follow through on tasks and projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Experience working for a non-profit organization.
- Minimum two years clerical or administrative experience.
- Experience with creation and maintenance of electronic filing systems
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work in open office environment
- Ability to traverse zoo grounds to facilitate tours, greet visitors, coordinate meetings
- Available to work special events that may occur outside of regular work schedule, including evenings, weekends or holidays, as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
Salary: $42,000-$45,000 annually
Lincoln Park Zoo is committed to an environment that is inclusive and welcoming. We celebrate the diverse qualities, perspectives, values and experiences of all people. For Wildlife. For All.