Ally Bank is an online financial institution with a focus on creating an effortless banking experience for customers. Established in 2009, the bank is headquartered in Michigan and offers a broad range of financial products and services, including online banking, loans, and credit cards. Ally Bank’s mission is to make banking simpler, more rewarding, and more accessible for everyone. By leveraging technology, the bank has created a digital platform that offers customers access to their accounts and financial services from anywhere with an internet connection. With no minimum deposit requirements, no monthly maintenance fees, and competitive interest rates, Ally Bank makes it easy for customers to manage their finances without worrying about hidden fees or charges. In this Ally Bank review, we’ll delve deeper into the bank’s products and services, their customer service, and their mobile app and website to see whether they live up to their mission statement.
Products and Services
Ally Bank provides a range of financial products and services aimed at meeting the needs of individuals and businesses. Here’s a breakdown of their offerings:
- Online Savings Accounts: Ally Bank offers a high-yield savings account with a competitive interest rate that currently sits at 0.50% APY.
- Checking Accounts: Ally Bank’s checking accounts come with no maintenance fees, no minimum balance, and free checks.
- Certificates of Deposit: Ally Bank’s CDs are FDIC insured and provide higher interest rates than traditional savings accounts. Customers can choose from High Yield CDs, Raise Your Rate CDs, and No Penalty CDs.
- Money Market Accounts: Ally Bank’s money market accounts come with a 0.50% APY and a debit card, making it easy to withdraw funds.
- Credit Cards: Ally Bank offers a range of credit cards that come with various rewards and benefits to meet the needs of different customers.
- Auto Loans: Ally Bank provides financing for new and used cars with competitive rates and no application fees.
- Home Loans: Ally Bank offers mortgage loans and refinancing options at competitive rates.
- Personal Loans: Ally Bank provides personal loans to customers looking to consolidate debt or fund personal projects.
Overall, Ally Bank offers a wide range of products at competitive rates with no hidden fees or charges. With their focus on creating an effortless banking experience and their commitment to fair and transparent banking, Ally Bank has become a popular choice for customers looking for a reliable online bank.
Does Ally Bank have a high yield savings account?
Yes, Ally Bank offers a competitive high yield savings account. As of August 2021, the annual percentage yield (APY) for their savings account is 0.50%. Some features of the account include:
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No minimum deposit to open an account
- No minimum balance requirements
- Free online banking and mobile app access
You can visit their website to learn more about their high yield savings account and other banking products they offer.
Features and Benefits
Ally Bank offers a variety of features and benefits to its customers. Here are some of the key features that set Ally Bank apart from traditional banks:
- No monthly maintenance fees: Ally Bank’s savings and checking accounts have no monthly maintenance fees.
- Competitive interest rates: Ally Bank’s savings accounts have a 0.50% APY, which is significantly higher than the national average for savings accounts.
- 24/7 customer service: The bank offers customer service 24/7, which means customers can always get help when they need it.
- No minimum balance: Ally Bank’s savings and checking accounts have no minimum balance requirements.
- ATM fee reimbursement: Ally Bank reimburses customers for up to $10 per statement cycle for ATM fees charged by other banks.
- Fully digital: Ally Bank is a fully digital bank, which means customers can access their accounts and perform transactions from anywhere at any time.
In addition to these features, Ally Bank is committed to providing an effortless banking experience to its customers. The bank’s website and mobile app are user-friendly and easy to navigate, which makes online banking a breeze. Additionally, Ally Bank is FDIC insured, which means customers’ deposits are protected up to $250,000 per depositor.
Ally Bank’s Interest Rates Compared to Other Banks
|Bank||Interest Rate on Savings Account|
|Bank of America||0.01%|
As seen in the table above, Ally Bank’s interest rates far exceed those of traditional brick-and-mortar banks. This is one of the main reasons why Ally Bank has become so popular among customers looking for a reliable and high-yield online bank.
What are the benefits of Ally Bank?
- No minimum deposit for checking and savings accounts
- No monthly maintenance fees for checking and savings accounts
- Over 43,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide
- Higher interest rates compared to traditional banks
- 24/7 customer support via phone, chat or email
- Easy-to-use mobile app for managing accounts on the go
- Online savings account with a competitive annual percentage yield (APY)
If you’re looking for an online bank that offers great rates and convenient account management, Ally Bank may be a good choice for you. Visit their website to learn more about their products and services.
Fees and Charges
Ally Bank does not charge any monthly maintenance fees on their savings and checking accounts, but customers may be charged fees for other services. Here are some of the fees and charges that customers may be subjected to:
- Overdraft fees: Ally Bank charges $25 per overdraft occurrence.
- Expedited transactions: Customers can expedite transfers and bill payments for an additional fee of $15.
- Stop payment: The bank charges $15 per stop payment order.
- Returned deposit items: Customers are charged $7.50 per returned deposit item.
- Paper statement fee: Ally Bank charges $4.95 per paper statement.
It is important for customers to be aware of these fees, but they can also avoid them by monitoring their accounts and practicing good financial habits. Additionally, Ally Bank offers free ATM withdrawals and reimburses customers for up to $10 per statement cycle for ATM fees charged by other banks.
Overall, it is clear that Ally Bank offers a great banking experience with many benefits and few fees. Its fully digital platform, customer-centric approach, competitive interest rates, and commitment to effortless banking make it a top choice among consumers looking for a modern, reliable bank they can trust.
Do any banks offer free ATM withdrawals?
Yes, there are some banks that offer free ATM withdrawals to their customers. Here are some examples:
- Alliant Credit Union
- Ally Bank
- Capital One 360
- Charles Schwab Bank
- Discover Bank
- Fidelity Cash Management Account
- Schwab Bank
It’s important to note that some banks may have certain requirements, such as maintaining a minimum balance or only allowing free withdrawals at select ATMs. Make sure to read the fine print before opening an account.
Ally Bank has implemented several security features to protect its customers’ accounts and data. Here are some of the security features that the bank uses:
- Two-factor authentication: Ally Bank requires two-factor authentication when logging in, adding additional layers of identity verification for customers.
- Biometric logins: Customers can log in using their fingerprint or facial recognition on compatible devices.
- 24/7 monitoring: The bank monitors accounts around the clock for any suspicious activities or transactions.
- Zero-liability protection: Ally Bank offers its customers protection against fraudulent transactions, meaning that they will not be held responsible for any unauthorized activity on their accounts.
Furthermore, Ally Bank is committed to protecting its customers’ personal information and uses advanced encryption technology to secure data. Customers also have the ability to control and monitor their accounts through the bank’s website and mobile app, allowing them to detect and respond to any potential suspicious activity.
Overall, Ally Bank’s security measures and dedication to protecting its customers’ accounts and information make it a safe and reliable banking option for consumers.
What are the security features of online banking?
Online banking has become a popular way to manage finances, but it’s essential to know the security features of any online banking system you use. Here are some common security features:
- Multi-factor authentication such as passwords, security questions, or biometrics like fingerprints or facial recognition
- Encryption of data such as SSL/TLS encryption or Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
- Firewalls and other network security measures to prevent unauthorized access
- Monitoring of suspicious activity and fraud prevention tools
- Automatic logouts due to inactivity
Additionally, it’s a good idea to choose a reputable bank or financial institution that uses industry-standard security protocols and implements frequent security updates. Remember to check for signs of secure websites, like the ‘https://’ prefix in the URL and a padlock icon in the browser address bar.
In conclusion, Ally Bank is a digital bank that offers a variety of financial products and services designed to meet the needs of individuals and businesses. The bank has a customer-centric approach and provides competitive interest rates on its deposit accounts. Additionally, Ally Bank’s free ATM withdrawals and no monthly maintenance fees make it a cost-effective choice for customers. The bank’s strong commitment to security and advanced encryption technology protect customer accounts and personal information from fraudulent activities. By offering a convenient online and mobile banking options, Ally Bank is an excellent option for anyone looking for an alternative to traditional brick-and-mortar banks.