This is a job posting from company – Casto Technical Services
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: West Virginia, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Casto Technical Services is a locally owned and operated, family business with over 50 years of experience serving building owners and operators.
We are looking for an Experienced Administrative Assistant to support our Charleston office.
Our Casto Technical Services Administrative Assistant is the first contact for all of our customers on the telephone and in person, and represents our company in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner. The Administrative Assistant utilizes a multi-line phone system to answer and route calls to all company personnel, always mindful of the customer s needs and expectations. The Administrative Assistant also serves several internal customers with back-up clerical work and is responsible for office equipment maintenance monitoring and office supplies – purchasing and inventory.
**This position is Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm at our Charleston office, and may require some overtime as needed. Expectations include being on time, daily, with a professional appearance and dress.** (not a remote postion)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- Must exhibit a friendly, outgoing, polite and helpful attitude
- Answers all incoming calls promptly, courteously and in a professional manner and routes them to the appropriate individual. Incoming calls should be answered by the third ring
- Must be knowledgeable of multi-line phone system operation, be able to answer system questions and perform basic phone programming functions, as voice mail box set up, date and time changes, etc
- Greet walk-in customers/visitors in a professional and friendly manner. Offer customers coffee or soft drink and make them feel welcome at our place of business
- Must exercise discretion when dealing with walk-in traffic; salespersons must have an appointment with CTS staff to be seen
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, and maintaining company office supplies – forms, letterhead, copy machine paper, machine cartridges, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness and functionality of shared areas such as copy areas, conference room, training room, etc.
- Kitchenette duties, including cleaning, ordering and stocking supplies for kitchen
- Assists with making food and beverages available for associates during Company functions
- Assists in planning Company events
- Coordinates food arrangements for Company training events
- Assist with miscellaneous projects for other departments involving basic clerical tasks such as types, collating, assembling informational materials, labeling, data entry, etc. as needed. Special projects will be approved by the CFO
- Prepares outgoing mail daily, giving care to use the most economic mail classes and striving for no errors in postage rates on mailings, while responsible for monitoring postage balance and notifying accounting with balance is low
- Maintain conference room schedule and ensure conference room is always ready for visitors
- Prepares monthly/weekly internal communications
- Handles hotel reservations for all departments
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
- Excellent phone etiquette and friendly manner
- Proven interpersonal skills for effectively communication with all types of people
- Positive can-do attitude, a willing helper and team player, pitch in when needed
- Ability to work tasks and responsibilities with minimum direction/supervision, on own, and without being asked
- Customer service driven
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word,Excel, Outlook)
- Purchase Order and FieldOps knowledge preferred
- Flexibility, with the ability to juggle many tasks at once without becoming stressed is essential
EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; associate degree or related certifications in administrative type work are preferred
- 3-5 years of office experience in the construction or trades industry preferred
- Previous experience working with general office machines
- Ability to work in office environment and use basic office equipment such as computers, telephone, postage meter and FAX machine
- The job requires long periods of sitting at the reception desk, picking up constant phone calls with frequent walks to the adjacent work/copy room to perform other job duties
- Business behavior/anti-trust – May not discuss with competitor, company prices, structures, costs, profits, terms of sale, wages paid, or anything relating to financial/economic concerns. Violation of this policy is grounds for termination
We are proud to offer you:
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Excellent 401K
- Short Term Disability
- Other Company Paid Benefits include: Bereavement, Jury Duty, and Maternity
We offer excellent benefits and Casto Tech is committed to offering the best training in the industry for our associates. Please contact us immediately if you are interested in career opportunities.
NOTE: This job description in no way implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the incumbent. At all times, employees will be required to follow any instructions and to perform any other duties within this or a lower job level upon the request of the Supervisor. At all times, employees may also be required to perform higher levels of duties.