This is a job posting from company – Desert Parkway Behavioral Healthcare Hospital
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Nevada, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and conducting adjunctive therapy programs. The Adjunctive Therapist instructs or supervises patients in recreational and creative interventions as part of a therapeutic behavioral healthcare treatment program.
- Plans, implements, and directs therapeutic recreational/creative programs and interventions for patients.
- Develops specific adjunctive therapy treatment goals and interventions to meet the needs of patients.
- Serves as a member of a interdisciplinary treatment team that consults with other healthcare professionals in determining a total treatment plan and recommend changes based on individual observations and evaluations.
- Conducts therapy sessions using recreational/creative methods such as sports, dance, music, art, or relaxation techniques, designed to improve patients’ mental and physical well-being.
- Observes, analyzes, and records patients’ participation, reactions, and progress during treatment sessions, modifying treatment programs as needed.
- Encourages patients with behavioral health and special needs to acquire new skills and get involved in healthy leisure activities.
- Keeps current on advances in research and therapeutic resources available to best help the patients.
- Potential for supervision of interns within respective discipline.
Must have one of the following:
- Music Therapist – Bachelors degree from AMTA accredited program; MT-BC (Music Therapist Board Certified) credential; LPMT (Licensed Practicing Music Therapist) state licensure within 6 months of hire
- Recreation Therapist – Bachelors degree from NCTRC accredited program; CTRS (Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist) credential
- Art Therapist – Masters degree from an AATA accredited program; ATR-BC (Art Therapist Registered Board Certified) credential
- Dance/Movement Therapist – Masters degree from ADTA accredited program OR Masters degree with ADTA’s Alternate Route; R-DMT (Registered Dance/Movement Therapist) credential OR BC-DMT (Board Certified Dance/Movement Therapist) credential
- Drama Therapist – Masters degree from NADTA accredited program OR Masters degree with NADTA Alternative Training; Current RDT (Registered Drama Therapist) credential
- Knowledge of assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders as well as neurodevelopmental disorders.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in Adjunctive Therapy field working in behavioral healthcare
- Basic knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
401K Retirement Plan