This is a job posting from company – Alternate Perspectives Inc
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Wyoming, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Alternate Perspectives, Inc.
TITLE Academic Teacher – with a $5,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Alternate Perspectives, Incorporated (API) has an immediate opening. If you want to be a part of a dynamic team that helps young people ages 16-24-years-old, this place is for you! You will be a part of the nations most successful youth training and education program for the past 50 years. API’s mission is to help create a world where people respect themselves, respect others, respect their communities and strive for excellence. We provide new ways of thinking, to create new ways of doing for our employees, clients and communities and we are guided in our work by our values of Accountability, Performance, and Integrity.
Position Summary :
Reports to the Academic Programs Manager. Responsible for providing academic instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula, leading to student skill and credential attainment in compliance with Department of Labor (DOL) and management directives.
Essential Functions :
- Provide students with basic direction, instruction and assistance in designated area(s) of instruction that leads to positive student achievements and high center performance.
- Motivate and counsel students in areas of behavior, education and training, personal concerns and study habits.
- Coordinate with CTT and evening studies instructors, counselors, residential advisors and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons in designated academic instructional area and in coordination with designated CTT instructors; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials; administer and correct tests; maintain progress, attendance and other reports as required.
- Evaluate and develop curricula, instructional materials, methods and techniques consistent with corporate and management directives.
- Assist in ensuring OMS performance standards meet or exceed DOL and API standards and expectations; utilize available automated systems and reports, including CIS and CTS reports, to monitor and enhance student as well as program progress and performance.
- Participate in student career management and evaluation processes as required. Complete student evaluations, enter case notes and employer certifications earned, and update student progress in CIS.
- Maintain a classroom environment that is safe, clean and conducive to student learning, and achievement.
- Provide positive, quality customer services to students, staff, and other center customers.
- Participate in student employability programs and activities; develop and conduct enrichment programs as needed or assigned.
- Assist in developing community linkages and volunteers for the academic programs department.
- Support, promote, and enforce the Job Corps Zero Tolerance Policy and Center Behavior Management System.
- Promote the development of Career Success Standards by modeling appropriate behaviors, consistently monitoring student behavior and conduct, and mentoring students where necessary.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices; attend all required staff training.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding academic department activities, evening studies, problem solving, and interdepartmental and center programs, activities and events.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to learn and work.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Bachelor’s degree and valid teaching certificate in the state of employment required. One year instructional experience preferred. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
KEY WORDS Teacher, School Teacher, Academic Instructor, Instructor
STARTING PAY $45,000.00 annually (not counting the sign on bonus)
BENEFITS $5,000.00 sign on bonus awarded is 2 payments (90 and 180 day mark),CIGNA Insurance, 401k with a Safe Harbor Match, Employee Discount Program, Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Holiday Time
POSITION Academic Programs Instructor
REQ NUMBER ACA-22-00035
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status