This is a job posting from company – Liberty STEAM Charter School
Employment Type – Part Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: South Carolina, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
Position Description & Application Process for Guest Teacher (Substitutes)
Liberty STEAM Charter: A School of Inquiry, Innovation, and Impact
Liberty STEAM Charter, a tuition-free, open-enrollment public charter school is located in Sumter, South Carolina, and opened in the Fall of 2021, serving 192 scholars in kindergarten and first grade. The first-ever of its existence in the community, the charter school will serve scholars in grades K-12 at its build-out with grade levels being phased in overtime to ensure quality educational programming is offered to all enrolled scholars.
This unique opportunity to open a school offers its founding staff autonomy and leadership opportunities. The vision and mission of the school is predicated upon a general theory of action that has been well-communicated by early supporters who believe if a school existed which emphasized a focus on STEAM career fields through project-based learning and personalized learning, seeking to provide scholars with a blend of rigorous & relevant academic and workplace learning experiences, then its graduates will leave with the competencies necessary to be successful in college or career.
As such, the school will eventually serve as the cradle-to-college/workforce pipeline in the Sumter community and become an integral part of a holistic revitalization approach. We are governed by a nine-member that represent a cross-section of our community. By leveraging innovative practices common to some of the state and nation’s top-performing public schools, Liberty STEAM Charter School is ready to shatter the opportunity gap for all scholars. In addition to a project-based learning approach with an integration of the STEAM curriculum, scholars are provided with a strong foundation in literacy to help define and achieve their dreams.
Guest Teacher Employment Opportunity
Liberty STEAM Charter is committed to the long-term development of our scholars, supporting their ultimate success in college and in life. We tailor our rigorous approach to meet the specific needs of our scholars including the core knowledge, critical thinking, independence, and self-advocacy skills that are essential for scholars. In order to do that, every classroom is staffed with two teachers – one who serves as a lead teacher (a master teacher) and a teaching fellow who also functions in an instructional capacity.
LSC is seeking to hire a pool of 10 highly qualified guest teachers to join a group of talented lead educators for the 2022-23 school year on an as-needed basis. Candidates must be excited and prepared for the challenges of building a high-performing public charter school. The ideal guest teacher candidate has a documented track record of excellence in working with children and will be responsible for assisting our scholars in achieving off-the-chart record results during the time in which they serve. Additionally, the ideal candidate is especially committed to serving low SES and minority scholars, self-reflective, data-driven, results-oriented, mission-focused, open to and actively seeks constructive feedback, and is tenacious about scholar college & career readiness.
The guest teacher position provides an opportunity for talented individuals with varying amounts of teaching experience to explore the field of education and to gain hands-on practice. Substitute Teachers will also assist with a variety of work inside and outside of the classroom, including instructing classes, supporting arrival/dismissal and class transitions, and participating in school-wide activities and celebrations
- Provide substitute teaching coverage for teachers within the school;
- Implementing curricula and activities to meet academic standards in absence of the regular teachers;
- Ensure that school policies are observed during all activities;
- Meet periodically with school leaders to implement feedback on lessons and instruction;
- Providing consistent rewards and/or consequences for scholar behavior;
- Supervising students during recess and transitions, breakfast, lunch and afterschool;
- Communicating effectively with students and colleagues;
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Evidence of self-motivation, willingness to be a team player, and has a strong sense of personal responsibility;
- Ideal candidates are hard-working, urgent, energetic, and are willing to learn and adapt;
- Is reflective and constantly wants to improve;
- Is flexible and enjoys dealing with unpredictability;
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities is preferred but not required;
Join a highly motivated team committed to education reform, parent choice, and the building of an exemplary school. We’d be excited to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of a High School Diploma (Associate’s degree with 0-2 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree is preferred);
- Have a steadfast belief that all scholars can learn and learn at high levels.
- You have an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership;
- You have some experience working with children, working within a classroom or youth development settings;
- You exude integrity, self-awareness, grit, and perseverance;
- You take and implement feedback quickly while possessing a sense of humor;
- You are hard-working, fast-learning, and exceptional;
- You have a deep-seated belief that children are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them and are excited to join the education reform movement;
- You welcome the disruption of the status quo and want to work in a collaborative environment.
- NOTE: As a prospective LSC guest teacher, you must be able to successfully pass a state and national background check, have satisfactory references, & participate in a paid three hour guest teacher training.
Guest teachers work on a half-day (7:15-11:30 am) or a full-day schedule (7:15 am – 3:45 pm – 8.5 hours) and are compensated at the rate of $10 per hour (non-certified, Tier 1), $12 per hour (non-certified, Tier 2) or $15 (certified) and are not entitled to receive any additional benefits.
Guest Teacher Pay Bands
Daily Non-Certified Rate (Tier 1): $85
Daily Non-Certified Rate (Tier 2): $102
Daily Certified Rate: $127.50
To Learn More About Liberty STEAM Charter
Please visit the Liberty STEAM Charter website at . Liberty STEAM Charter is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Use Your Talents and Passion to Help Deliver Life-Changing Opportunities for Kids…Apply Today
Interested applicants should apply directly to the job posting via the online JazzHR platform that can be accessed from the school’s main website. Candidates who apply can expect the following flow: application, video-recorded interview, follow-up phone screening, and a final round interview with school leaders.
Powered by JazzHR