This is a job posting from company – Amazon
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Colorado, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
This role will require on-site attendance and local/regional travel and will not be a virtual – work from home position.
This role is a part time internship (20 hours a week) during the academic year (February 2023-May 2023) followed by a full time 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2023.
Amazon is searching for innovative and solutions-oriented Engineering Interns to be a part of our North America initiative to develop and deliver next generation, world-class fulfillment systems.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations!
Our Project Engineers are agile with the ability to quickly adapt strategies, plans and solutions to affect dynamic business requirements. They are comfortable interfacing and driving various functional teams and all stakeholders at all levels of the organization. Open minds, customer focus, innovation empowerment, advanced technologies, team comradery, and drive our Regional Operations Engineering team to deliver the most advance fulfillment solutions in the world.
About the Program:
· The program is divided into a spring and summer term. The spring term is a part time internship from February 2023 – May 2023 (20 hours a week). The summer term is fulltime and lasts 10 weeks during the summer of 2023.
· Candidate must reside within a 45 mile radius from the site during the spring term.
· The position is NOT a corporate role with location being divided between working from home and/or working in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other warehouse environment. (either live or under construction)
· Up to 80% travel may be required to support Amazon’s installation sites throughout North America during the summer term. A driver’s license is required due to the remote nature of many internship locations.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive resolution for an intern project by owning and deep diving for data to support a recommendation
· Develop and create work instructions for diverse engineering team and disciplines including project management, installation standards, and supplier integration methods
· Analyze current processes in order to break down into steps and develop recommendations for improvements or streamlining
· Develop standards libraries, methods for integration, and data storage repositories analysis and recommendations
· Develop methods for measuring and/or estimating productivity in order to analyze current state vs. new/proposed processes
· Develop or recommend methods and/or metrics for tracking progress and improved productivity
· Partner with business stakeholders to understand program goals and identify learning solutions that will make their programs successful
· Support system commissioning testing for integrated automation projects with system elements such as high-speed sortation, multiple conveyors, package lines, and/or robotic work cells
· Ability to perform the following task, with or without reasonable accommodation:
o Stand/walk for up to 12 hours
o Walking frequently; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
o Access areas of building by ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely
· Work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts and overtime as required
· Currently working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2023 and August 2024
· Working towards a degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field
· Experience with developing work instructions or technical writing in an industrial application
· Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Excel, Project, Vizio and Outlook
· Strong communication skills; ability to comfortably interact with and influence stakeholders
· Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
· Proven technical guidance for large-scale industrial engineering projects
· Experience/exposure with implementation of integrated automation solutions, such as complex material handling systems, high speed packaging lines and manufacturing lines
· Exposure to Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing efforts, transportation/logistics and/or fulfillment/distribution centers
For Colorado based jobs: The pay range for this position in Colorado is $26.81/hr. Relocation may be provided as a part of the compensation package. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The base pay for this position in Ithaca is $26.81/hr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City is $26.81/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.