This is a job posting from company – Old Main Village
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours: 8
Salary: $20 To $30/An Hour
Location: Minnesota, USA
This job is 100% remote.
To apply to this jobs please enter below information:
The Caregiver plays an integral role in the success of our team, our community and creating a place our residents are proud to call home. The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance in all Nursing Department functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established Nursing Department policies and procedures.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the nurse, e.g. range of motion exercises, assistance in ambulation or exercises.
- Performs personal care activities including bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, skin care/nail care, oral hygiene, shaving, dressing, and others as directed/requested.
- Performs household services essential to health care at home including meal preparation/feeding, laundry and ironing, changing/laundering bed linens, light housekeeping and other services as offered.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the nurse.
- Responds promptly and courteously to resident requests for assistance and emergency pull cords.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for residents by observing infection control practices, following facility guidelines, and reporting unsafe situation to the nurse.
- Assist residents in preparing and transporting for appointments and social programs.
- Assist with moving and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents to walk with or without self-help devices as instructed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, and emotionally upset people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
- Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant or a licensed Medication Assistant in accordance with laws of this state.
- Prefer 6 months or more of experience in a home care, assisted living, or long-term care facility
This position does not have any direct reports or supervisory requirements.
Frequency (Place an X in approximate box)
Must convey detailed and important spoken instructions to other accurately