Atlas is excited to announce a logo designed by the amazing Ben Tuber.
To express our gratitude, we’ve interviewed Ben. Check our his website for mind boggling designs, sketches, lettering, and more!
- What inspired you to create this logo for ATLAS?
The outstanding members of the ATLAS organization.
- How long have you been into art?
Since I was a little kid (I’m 25 now). Just recently have I decided to seriously pursue graphic design as a career.
- What’s your favorite artistic medium?
A rolling ball pen and lined paper. Also, a scanner and photoshop.
- Name one museum and one art piece that has changed your life.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art (I’ve been going regularly since I was kid). I like the geometric design of ancient Greek pottery, and pretty much everything else in the museum.
- Who is your favorite artist?
I don’t know. Maybe Milton Glaser.
- What do you do in your spare time to propel your artistic journey?
Sit and draw, go to 2nd hand stores to look at old books and record covers, browse the internet.
- Name one author and book you believe every person should read in their life time.
Guy de Maupassant
- What’s the silliest most embarrassing moment in your life up until now.
I love being silly; I hate being embarrassed. I have too many moments of each to count, so I’ll just think of the most recent. A couple Sundays ago I wore a pink gorilla suit in a park on the upper east side, and last Saturday I tried to have a conversation with some people at a party just to be friendly and I couldn’t think of what to say after “hello.”
- If you could be anything other than an artist, what would you be?
- What do you think about the mission ATLAS has?
It’s great. Through it I’ve learned new, sometimes not so pleasant but nevertheless inspiring things. I’m glad you’re around and I’m glad I could help with the logo.
- What is your favorite song, music artist, movie and dish?
Song: “Walk like an Egyptian” by the Bangles
Music Artist: Me at Karaoke
Dish: Coffee with cream (no sugar) and a plain scone.